Wednesday 4 April 2018

What is art?


In the bid to take a break from studies today I went to the cinema to see the Greatest Showman (for a second time!). How wrong could I be that it would be a break and to help switch of from my inquiry. Instead the whole way through I kept relating, questioning, wondering in terms of my inquiry and practice.

One of my main findings within my inquiry is how it is hard to define/classify what art is and how it means something different everyone. In one of the final scenes the theatre critic says to PT Barnum he wouldn't class his show as art. I was surprised at this and made me question why. Ask yourself now how would you define art? what do you see as art? and why? what makes it art?  (oh and if you've seen the movie go see it!)



1 comment:

  1. Dominique Davies20 May 2018 at 08:03

    Hi Lauren, I only got to watch The Greatest Showman once it came out on DVD due to being to busy with work but I felt the same as soon as I watched it, it made me realise how far I have come within my career and the with Bapp Course, it’s safe to say it took me a while to get to sleep that night as I was constantly thinking of ways to approach and improve my career through my inquiry, it left me with so many questions I wanted to answer

    ReplyDelete