Wednesday 30 May 2018

Oral Presentation

I cant quite believe it has been over a week already since submitting the critical review and artefact. I decided to give myself sometime to refocus and reflect further on my learning from BAPP before planning and preparing for my Oral presentation next week. 

Over the past few weeks within my practice we have had two oral presentations given from external practitioners with regards to GDPR and health and safety instead of being disengaged from these I decided to use the opportunity to connect, relate and reflect these to my BAPP course, recognising what I felt worked and didn't work within these in terms of an oral presentation. Thus incorporating some tips to remind myself for creating and presenting my oral presentation:


  • Introduce myself - allows the audience to connect on a  deeper level if they feel they know who you are and what your about
  • Not too many words on the power point presentation- just key words- audience gets lost or distracted with reading 
  • Make the powerpoint visual – coloured texts, diagrams, images, videos 
  • No notes in hands
  • Audience participation- ask them questions, game/quiz, ask for examples related to their practice 
  • Use of humour
  • Give examples and stories 
  • Show passion, enthusiasm and knowledge on the topic 



So here goes for the last leg. Looking forward to meeting some of you next week. 







1 comment:

  1. Hello Lauren. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. In the past young people from U.K came through Oasis and Interserve Organisations to work with us. I an SURE YOU WILL HAVE A LIFE changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete