Tuesday 27 February 2018

Don't under estimate the power of YOU

Tonight was my first discussion Skype since starting module 3. It was reassuring to hear others where at the same stage and questioning similar things to myself.

One of the key things that I have taken away is that don't under estimate yourself in the alignment within the inquiry. The literature reviews and interviews are to stimulate your thoughts not prove a point to anyone else, the interviews it is how you interpret the answers, when analysing question your role in the process- did you ask leading questions, is that why you got those answers? did you not give enough detail or be clear enough?

One of the main questions I wanted to discuss was should you give questions to participants before hand to have a look and think about before hand (something that participants have asked me). The answer - if it makes sense to you and your inquiry. 


4 comments:

  1. I feel the discussion last night relieved some of us and reminded us to trust ourselves. It was a great discussion and helpful that because it was a small group of us we had the chance to say a lot more.
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren, I attended the Skype call at 12.30 and found it really beneficial. I'm glad to hear the 7pm one went equally as well. I feel as thought we have all got a grasp now with how the Skype calls work and how to use them to our benefit.
    I think that reminding ourselves that each inquiry is different and what works for one might not work for the other is really important. We have to go for what we feel is right for us
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren,
    This is something that I also took away from the Skype - it is quite empowering, exciting and scary to think that we have so much to explore and think about during our final module. I noted that we must record our experiences during the process, and that is all important to express within our inquiry submission.
    As for the interviews - I am doing self-tape style interviews, So I am emailing out the questions list to the participants prior to them recording their self-tape responding to questions. So I guess this is giving them as much or little time as they want to mull over the questions.
    Eleanor x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren, I could not hear anything in the Skype session at 12.30 due to snowy weather so your post is really beneficial to me thank you. I feel that I have been placing a lot of emphasis on the findings gathered from data and after reading the above, I can see how important it is to consider our contribution both in the choice of data collection and the analysis of it. The personal journey of our inquiry is what will hold the most useful information for the development of our practice.
    Ann Wall

    ReplyDelete