Sunday 25 February 2018

Week 2- The Journey so far...

So far I am really enjoying the inquiry process. I have got stuck into my literature review and begun reviewing a book called 'The Arts In Education' by Mike Flemming. I have continued going to a coffee shop and have found that I have been more productive as I am there for a purpose with very little distractions.



I have decided to make continual notes as I am reading- noting key findings, concepts, theories, perspectives, ideas, relationships, links to my practice, my thoughts and plan to conclude/ analyse these once I finish the book (hopefully today).

Some awakening ideas thats have come from Fleming, with regards to the inquiry process, that maybe of use to others-

Research is 

"the systematic advancement of knowledge"

Considering language when looking at a topic 

"related concepts shift in meaning in different contexts" 

The importance of learning theory
"thinking can be expanded prejudices challenged and fulfilment enriched"  

Definition of understanding

"A process of refining and deepening making connections and seeing things in a new way" 
Hope everyone is getting on well.

References
Flaming, M. (2012) The Arts in Education. Oxon, Routledge.



No comments:

Post a Comment