Sunday 5 February 2017

Don't look for inspiration be the inspiration

Writing a blog is something I have always loved the idea of doing but for someone reason I have never done it. Why? I had lots of ideas of what I wanted to share. Was I scared of committing to it? What if people wouldn't read it? what if it wasn't good enough? Was I to scared to actually express my thoughts and feelings in the worry of what people thought of me? 

After reading the Module 1 handbook for the BAPP course I was so excited that I could actually start a blog and I had a reason to do it.  My brain instantly jumped on the rollercoaster and ideas of what to write about started flying out. As always I grabbed my pen and paper and started writing a list! (I am one of those who is constantly writing a list for everything).  

Its Sunday 5th February and I set up my laptop to start writing at 9am, its now 2pm and I have just started typing (The word procasination comes to mind). With to many ideas and being to afraid of writing the wrong thing I scrolled for hours looking at other people's blogs becoming non the wiser but discovering there is no right or wrong answer to a blog. Blogs are not to be assessed and I am not going to be marked down because of what I write or how I write. They are a tool in which I can express and explore thoughts and ideas, and instead of a personal diary where only you know what goes on they are an online diary where you can share with like minded people. So welcome to my world. 

This procasination led me to what I have decided to write about as my first blog and back to my life motto, the title of my first post 'don't look for inspiration be the inspiration'. 




This has been a motto of mine for a few years. There is nothing more rewarding than being told you 'really inspired me' or 'you really helped motivate me'. These are a few things that I have been told on numerous occasions but for me I was just going about my somewhat ordinary (if you can call being a performer ordinary) day to day life. 

I find in life today we are constantly looking for inspiration and we have so many more tools to do this 'instagram' 'pinterest' 'vlogging'. But how many of us actually use the ideas we spend scrolling and looking at and put them into action? don't get me wrong I don't think there is anything wrong with scrolling but don't you think there has to come a point where we stop this wondering and looking for ideas and starting putting things into action?

Let that be the food for thought today instead of looking at other peoples life, work, breakfast, dinner, clothes, blogs, or anything else you look at, stop procrastinating and be the one where people look at your life and get people thinking I would like to achieve that or aspire to be like her or him. It doesn't matter what it is that you do someone out there will be inspired. 

I hope you enjoy my first post and it helps to inspire those on the BAPP course to start writing your first blog. I look forward to taking on this journey with you!






Have a lovely Sunday evening!

Lauren 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment