Monday 20 February 2017

What type of learner are you?

In the summary of tasks for part 1c we are asked to look at 'how you might use the programme YouTube to support your developing professional practice'. I know we are still in the early stages but it has become apparent to me that I have surprisingly used YouTube on numerous occasions and led me to question why?

I feel this a reflection of the way I learn most.

After not studying for a while I decided to re-take the test 'what type of learner are you?'. Below are my results-





Taking the test confirmed I am predominately a visual learner. I feel YouTube is going to be a very valuable programme for me in my developing practice to help with my understanding of ideas, thoughts and theories. This is something I am going to keep in mind as I continue on in my practice.

Why don't you take the test today and see what type of learner you are?

http://www.educationplanner.org/students/self-assessments/learning-styles-quiz.shtml


3 comments:

  1. Ah! This is cool Lauren! Relates a little to the 'Types of Intelligence' I was reading up about yesterday. I am going to take the test now... Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Lauren yes agree that visual learning is now growing in importance and knowing that is how to learn does makes sense to artists of all kinds. Reading moving images has been taught in visual arts but is now more important - form an advertising perspective - http://hkfd.co.uk/understanding-the-importance-of-video-content/ and the idea that film is a documentary art form http://www.bfi.org.uk/sites/bfi.org.uk/files/downloads/bfi-education-moving-images-in-the-classroom-2013-03.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for these links Paula. I like the term you used 'moving images'. I feel its a better analogy rather than video.

    I strongly agree it is a great form of advertising and I think it can help turn a company from 2D to 3D.

    I am very much looking forward to reading 'moving images in the classrooms' to evoke some more ideas. I have printed this out and will have a look at it.

    ReplyDelete