Wednesday 1 March 2017

Back to reality


The above picture sums up how I am feeling right now....

As I work in the education sector I am fortunate enough to benefit from school holidays. I strategically planned to dedicate two working days to my BAPP studies but then had a few days away in London to visit friends and family. I have not had a holiday in a long time and I consciously decided to not allow myself to think about work, studies, other life stresses (for me this is very hard). Whilst I really enjoyed my time away, (and think it was very beneficial for me) upon returning I feel like a fish out of water and so much to catch up on.  I have scheduled for this evening to look through the slides that Paula posted on her blogs from our first Skype session to get my head back in the game; stimulate the brain again and to then review other peers blogs that I have missed whilst being away.

Wish me luck.


4 comments:

  1. like the image of a human spinning-wheel - the important thing is allowing the break to allow your unconscious to aide you in your journey https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/unconscious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is a good image. However I do feel my break came to early in the journey and it feels like I am starting again to get on that wheel.

    I do think this break benefited in my long term wellness and I will be sure to include breaks through out. I particularly find running helps with my unconscious mind and mindfulness meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck girl! I worry about being out of the loop / my emails / professional work and studies whilst I am supposed to be 'relaxing'. I almost prefer to do a little bit per day so I feel less stressed - but likewise there are times when I need to force myself to just RELAX.
    You are far more on top of it than you probably realise :)
    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Good Luck Lauren!
    I was just re-visiting blogs re cv's and profiles and just wanted to say I think your choice of photo is really good.

    ReplyDelete