Saturday 11 February 2017

Task 1 A continued

This evening I have spent some time updating both my StarNow and Talent Cast profiles. These are the two websites I have found to be the most useful at finding and gaining castings without having an agent. 

Below is an image to what my StarNow Profile looked like before updating- 







And here is what it looks life after updating it- 







As you will see my headshot is the same, as this is my most up to date headshot. Although it is 2 years old I do feel it still portrays me correctly now. However after looking into how often you should get headshots updated I found this- 

http://www.headshots101.com/how-often-do-I-need-headshots.html

After reading this i feel I should consider getting new headshots done. 


Changes that I made- 
Added links to other profiles- when I created my profile I was unaware I was unable to do this. I feel this is a very useful tool therefore decided to add links to my youtube channel where you can view my showreels and my Instagram account. I decided not to link to my Facebook account as I use this for personal use rather than professional (something I will discuss when looking at task 1b). Other accounts you are able to link are twitter, LinkedIn profile, personal website IMDb profile. I currently don't have a profile for any of them, but is something I could consider doing. 

Updated my location- When I first made my account I was living in London, I now live back in North Yorkshire and felt it was important to update this I am unable to attend castings in London at short notice. This will also improve my chances of getting work in my area. 

Updated my bio- My bio was displaying incorrect information therefore updated this.I was unable to put my exact location therefore mentioned it in my bio. As the town i live in is very small most work/casting would be in close by cities (York or Leeds)i felt it was important to mention I am close by to them and am able to commute for castings or jobs. 

Updated my talents- Previously I was listed as an Actor. I do not class myself as an Actress. In attempt to tick all the boxes I think i felt I should say that I was able to do this but have since learnt that I am I am not only wasting my time but that of casting directors. 

With both of my profiles I updated my privacy settings. Before I had it so if you searched my name in a search engine my profile would come up. As I know teach in an education setting I felt it was appropriate to keep these profiles private for personal confidentiality reasons and not to beak any school policies regarding social media. 

Whilst updating my profiles I looked at others to see what created a good profile. Those that i felt had a good profile included professional images (no selfies, or amateur images; images of professional work not just portfolio pictures; included lots of images, information, credentials, links and was not sparse on information or looking bare; had links to a showreel and clips of work. 

My bio is something I am thinking of adapting further. On some people's they created more of a personal profile talking about-personal skills and qualities where as others just kept it brief and mentioned their art skill set. See my below images for examples. 







I would be grateful if anyone could comment on this idea of what you think is best for a profile bio like this. Do you think it best to keep it short and sweet or maybe develop it a bit further and make it more personalised giving a few of your personal attributes? 






2 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren - I think to expand a bit more on your personal bio is a nice idea. I am a woman of many words myself, and I do think sometimes it is necessary to cut back and be concise - however, when it is personal I believe we should make the most of it and allow a bit more of ourselves to come through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your comment Eleanor I to do believe it is good when you have that chance to share about you. In usual circumstances as a performer you don't really get that much chance to be free. A performer CV is usually black and white with skills, stats and credits so I guess it feels strange to voice other attributes on a profile. I will look at developing further.

    ReplyDelete