Friday 27 October 2017

Personal values

How can personal values effect ethical decisions?
When things that you do and the way you behave match your values and life you feel happy. But when these don't align with your personal values things can go wrong- can cause unhappiness and can lead to unethical decisions.https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTED_85.htm
This analogy helped with my understanding 'value can be defined as a bridge by which an individual makes a decision regarding good or bad, right or wrong, and most important or less important. (http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-ethics-and-values/)

So I asked myself what are my personal values?I used this website to help- https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTED_85.htm

My top five personal values are-

  • Challenge 
  • Achievement 
  • Results orientated  
  • Fitness
  • Making a difference 
In terms of inquiry I need to 
-asses if the inquiry is going to meet my personal values otherwise it could lead to me not making an unethical decision
- how have my personal values led me to that decision? inquiry topic, research method, people asked.
- is that an ethical decision within the realms of my professional practice? 
-how am I going to not let my personal values effect others as they may not share the same values. 
-evaluate if i have my personal values are in line with the professional and organisational ethics 
- take into consideration other peoples personal values when deciding on research methods
- make sure my personal values are in align with my workplace and don't cause conflict 

This exercise helped me get a greater understanding of myself. 




No comments:

Post a Comment