Wednesday 18 October 2017

Skype with Adesola

Two topics I have been looking into (with the question in mind 'what information do I want to find out about to help enrich my practice?) recently are-

1. Arts within a formal education classroom
2. The role of a teacher- what makes an effective teacher?

I felt I had come to a stand still and needed to get more of a concrete topic before developing my inquiry further so I decided to ask Adesola for a quick skype call.

Points raised from our chat over the inquiry topics-

1-  What do I want to find out about this? Who inspires you that is doing this?
2- Teaching practice and what makes an effective practice is a subjective topic/matter of opinion/ how do you define good or effective teaching practice? to big a scale for a 12 week inquiry.

Other clarified takeaways points-

BAPP course is a starting point- to lead you in possible directions.
Module 2- is an overview of the inquiry
Lit reviews at the moment are to outsource relevant sources. In the proposal state what you are going to read further/more depth in module 3 as part of the inquiry.
Interviews don't just have to be people in your close community- work colleagues, friends etc it could be people that inspire you- a certain company- artistic director, someone who writes a journal you have been reading, a headteacher? outsourcing interviews from outside of your community of practice could expand your practice and your thinking.

Following on from this I have chosen to develop my inquiry in the topic of arts within the classroom.
Perhaps asking the question- how do primary education teachers integrate the arts in the classroom?

Or what interdisciplinary skills does the arts teach you that is transferable to role of a primary education teacher.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren, I have been following your research so far as I find it really interesting. I think it would be good if you emailed a few schools to gather information to see what they do to integrate arts in the classroom? I know in my area (tameside) they are bringing high school teachers in for work shops to how the KS2 students a taste of dance at KS3.
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Kirsty for this idea- I will consider this when developing my research methods and sources for the inquiry.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete