Friday 27 October 2017

Task 5C

I have discovered that with ethics its all a matter of opinion and there is no right or wrong. Its about noticing the effects. This being said I feel the best approach in term of inquiry is to be truthful, accurate, respectful others and relevant. I don't want to have any negative effects on myself or others. 

Taking the ideas from reader 5 I am now using what I have learnt and fitting it into my professional enquiry- 

When planning the enquiry I am going to use the concept of beneficence at the forefront of my mind.  

I will use the three theories when deciding my research methods. 

Consequentialist- will there be any consequences for using that method? 

Should I use the dentoglogist approach when interviewing? am I going to stick to my questions no matter what or adapt if i feel i need to? What are my duties and rules as a researcher and am I going to use the deonotolgist approach and stick to the duties or adapt if i need to? 

Virtue ethics- what approach am I going to use- what would be the goodness and badness of that particular research method in terms of my character. Is a particular research method going to fit in with my work schedule? or have an effect on my wellbeing. How is the inquiry topic going to effect my practice? Does the inquiry fit in with my values? How am I going to ensure that I apply the traditional list of virtues (justice, fidelity, self care, prudence) through out the enquiry. 

Presenting findings- 
How am I going to protect my participants confidentiality?

What terminology am I going to use when talking about my participants to prevent discrimination or be derogatory.

I need to make sure language isn't to imprecise or presuming. 

I need to have a look at what my personal ethics are and take into considerations other peoples personal ethics (culture, religion, values), what is the professional ethics for my profession, and the organisational ethics. Then ask myself has this effected a decision. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment