Sunday 29 October 2017

Reflecting on my practice 29/10/17

After spending lots of time focusing on my BAPP studies this week (sorry for the overload of blogs!) I feel have made lots of progress. The process I have used of going through the readers and making notes and making (what I like to think of as) a title page which includes 'key concepts and theories on' has helped lots. I plan to refer back to this each time when consider the different components and  structuring my inquiry proposal.

I now ask myself how has my learning effected my professional practice?


Looking at ethics has made me reflect on how I approach my dance teacher training- using a person centred approach rather body centred I feel this is more professional and advocates better teaching.

Learnt about the codes of practices for my workplaces. I will always have this in the back of mind during my practice.

I have been analysing and reflecting on situations thinking about them with ethics in mind (example in reflective journal)

Applied skills from module 1 to my teaching (BTEC lesson). Using Gardeners theory in mind when lesson planning, critical reflection at the end of classes.

Looking at what my personal values are gave me a stronger understanding of me and can see how these relate to my practice and will be good to use when doing my UCAS application and interviews. (developing my practice)

Have a stronger understanding of how and why I am doing this course and how it is going to help in my practice- lesson planning- considering decisions in school- children falling out- considering behaviour management techniques.

Using other people helps with ideas- Idea of imagery used from other BAPP student I have used in my class. Developed ideas with JS.

Before I was scared to give advice/share ideas but I was a lot more confident and fluid with sharing with Jen- giving her suggestions and sharing my ideas. I know look forward to the skype discussion on Tuesday where as before I would feel apprehensive.

I look forward to talking to some of you on Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment