Friday 27 October 2017

Task 5a - ethics in the workplace


Here are my initial thoughts on what ethics I think apply in my work place?
  • Pupil orientated
  • Teachers should be respectful and considerate to all personal values- pupils and staff
  • The safety of children is paramount
  • Each pupil should be treated as an individual 
  • Confidentiality 
  • Subject knowledge
  • Safeguarding of children
  • Provide a safe, caring and loving environment 

What do I think are the codes of practice/regulations that guide my workplace-

  • Safeguarding 
  • DBS checks
  • Uniform regulations
  • Social media policy 
  • Duty of care 
  • risk assesments 
As I work in two work places- a special education school and a private dance school - I feel the principles remain the same but it will be interesting to see the differences in code of practices and regulations.


1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to see that you work in two different places and then I also work in a highschool and yet agree with the same ethics and codes of practice.
    Do you think it will be the same for most schools and places where teaching of children is invovled?
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete